Thursday 15 April 2010

Cold and dreary

The last few days have been cold and dreary and fairly windy up here and not much fun birding wise, and therefore I've only been out to walk the dogs.

The local patch is still very quiet with the only migrants evident being Chiffchaff and Blackcap, with a couple of female Blackcaps noted in the presence of the showy males. Several pairs of Bullfinch and a single pair of Reed Bunting were also showing breeding behaviour and showing very well.

A trip over to the Wolds this afternoon resulted in 2 Swallows and yet more Chiffchaff with several Buzzards noted.

News of a possible/probable Harlequin Duck came through a bit too late for me today, but since I'm off tomorrow I imagine I might be making a trip east in the morning, probably with several hundred other people! Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment