Saturday 18 September 2010

Tree Pipit @ local patch

I went out on the local patch this morning and was rewarded by a flyover Tree Pipit. The last few days have seen a considerable passage of Meadow Pipit with regular flocks of 50-80 birds passing southeast and I've been hoping for something like a Lapland Bunting or something better in amongst them, however this morning the lack of Meadow Pipits was noticeable, only a single bird heading southeast. Whilst reaching the furthest section of the patch I picked up a slightly larger pipit undulating towards me, it called a couple of times (tree pipit) as it passed over and carried on southeast (probably going straight over my garden!)

There was little else of note, a few Swallow heading high northwest, a few Chiffchaff singing and calling, a single Whitethroat. A brief glimpse of a small bird vanishing into cover was interesting if a little frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment