Thursday 7 April 2011

More Migrants

The morning dog walk produced a Willow Warbler singing away, along with a singing Blackcap along the same stretch of hedge. There was also at least 2 Fieldfare present. Lapwings are busily mating and establishing territories and the pea field is rapidly attracting more and more Golden Plover.

A couple of male Pheasants were making a din behind the garden when I got back, another garden tick!

I spent the day in the office today which was a shame given the weather, especially when I got news from the guys surveying one of my sites that they'd got a ring-tail Hen Harrier and Osprey! I'm out looking for raptors tomorrow on a different site so fingers crossed for something equally as good!

2 comments:

  1. Golden Plovers in a pea field sounds like they could get a bit more interesting come late April/May! morinellus?

    ReplyDelete