Sunday 8 April 2012

More Local Birding: Some More Migrants

Did some local birding this morning, highlights included:

Yellow Wagtail - stunning male. I think this is the first in the York Recording Area this year - there doesn't seem to be that many reported in the country at all yet either!

'Scandinavian' Rock Pipit - single bird, possibly the same one found by Tim last week. Was keeping close company with the Yellow Wagtail however both were flushed by someone and flew west out of sight.

Wheatear - single female in same area as last week, possibly the same bird, sat in a hedge!

Sand Martin - single bird flew low west right overhead giving very nice views - first one at the site this year I believe. My fourth Sand Marin of the year, following on from a flock of three I had couple of weeks back.

Swallow - a single bird in Thorganby. Only my 3rd of the year so far.

Green Sandpiper - a single bird showing nicely on a pool. Its been here a while but now starting to look a bit nicer. I managed to get a couple of shots on my phone.


Green Sandpiper (phone-scoped)


Green Sandpiper (phone-scoped)


Green Sandpiper (phone-scoped)

There was plenty of Skylark about too, one posed for a few pics.


Skylark (phone-scoped)

No comments:

Post a Comment