Friday 26 October 2012

Back to work :-(

My 2 weeks leave ended today, though it wasn't all bad as I'd made sure I was doing a survey today rather than being back in the office, that can wait till Monday! I've had a great couple of weeks of fairly tiring more-or-less non-stop birding! I've seen some fairly decent birds in this time - I'm almost ready with my Scillies Trip Report. I've been spending some time going through all of my hundreds of photos so should hopefully be getting this up over the weekend (unless I'm too busy birding!).

Today I was surveying on the Lincolnshire coast, it was fairly dull (bird-wise) and the wind was bitter! There was not much to write home about, 4 Swallows flew south, 50+ Fieldfare flew North (why?) and there was a scattering of Redwing, Song Thrush, a Chiffchaff and 2 Bullfinch (new site bird - so presumably migrants from somewhere). Lots of Golden Plover and a few Brent Geese.

Today I had a Lesser Redpoll in the garden with a flock of about 40 Goldfinch which (surprisingly) was a garden tick. I've had them about 50m away from the house when walking the dogs so was just really a matter of timing rather than anything else! As I drove past Bubwith Ings there was a large number of wildfowl, looked like lots of Wigeon and Teal. May have to get down and look for something in amongst them over the weekend. I did see at least 6 Whooper Swan which was nice, and a single Marsh Harrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment