Wednesday 9 January 2013

Glaucous Gull North Duffield Carrs

I see (via Birdguides) that someone has reported a juvenile Glaucous Gull at North Duffield Carrs this lunchtime (1230). I've not heard who though.  I wonder if it was the bird that I had on 1st January? I'm working at home tomorrow so will pop across at lunchtime and see if it's still about. It will also be interesting to see if the cold weather has moved any waterfowl around...

I also see (again via Birdguides) that there is a Great Grey Shrike a few kilometres outside of the York recording area, fingers crossed it decides to move west a little as a repeat of the bird that spent a recent winter (2011) frequenting the Lower Derwent Valley (namely North Duffield Carrs and Skipwith Common). There was a brief bird near York last year (2012) but I didn't get chance to go for that one.

Great Grey Shrike trapped at Skipwith Common in 2011. The bird was commuting between Skipwith Common where it was feeding, and North Duffield Carrs where it was roosting. 

Great Grey Shrike trapped at Skipwith Common in 2011. The bird was commuting between Skipwith Common where it was feeding, and North Duffield Carrs where it was roosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment