Sunday 22 June 2014

Costa Rica Birding Trip Report 1

Another re-edited birding trip report.

I've spent about 2 years living in Costa Rica where I worked as a bird guide. I've also guided several bird tours around the country and this trip report was from a tour I guided back in 2004. It was a fairly gentle introduction to Costa Rica (very different from the next report I'll post) and included time on both the Caribbean and Pacific coasts as well as in the central mountains.

The tour recorded over 400 species including mainly highly sought national and regional endemics as well as a number of high quality birds such as Resplendent Quetzal and Scarlet Macaw. In addition to the birds some great animals were recorded including Howler Monkey and White-faced Capuchin Monkey in addition to some beautiful moths and butterflies.




No comments:

Post a Comment